Glan Llyn continues to be transformed over the next 15 years into a high quality residential, business and sustainable community development delivering 4,000 new homes.
This major regeneration project is a £1bn development transforming the 600 acre former Newport Llanwern Steelworks site into a major new community for South Wales.
The development will include:
- 4,000 new high quality homes built for all, including first time buyers and families.
- A range of sports facilities and an abundance of open parkland, wildlife habitats and new lakes.
- Primary schools, nurseries and after school activities.
- The 100 acre Celtic Business Park with planning for office, manufacturing and warehousing uses creating approximately 2,000 out of circa 6,000 jobs.
- A local centre including a public house, retail, leisure and community facilities.
- An integrated transport strategy that includes new road links, cycle routes, footpaths and bus services.
A community staying true to its natural green surroundings, protecting wildlife and promoting sustainable living to offer a quality environment all-round.
Glan Llyn (translated as ‘lake side’) will provide three new lakes and a parkland setting developed across more than 80 acres of open space. With nearby Wentlooge Levels recognised as natural wetlands, with some parts designated as Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), the community will evolve to reflect its wider environment.