We are already five years into the 20-year transformation of Glan Llyn which is a high quality residential, business and sustainable community development delivering 4,000 new homes.
The first primary school on site is under construction and due to be open by the Local Authority in autumn 2019.
This major regeneration project is transforming the 600 acre former Newport Llanwern Steelworks site into a major new community for South Wales.
Provide a wide range of facilities including a new local centre, education facilities, retail and leisure space all surrounded by open, green parklands. The community will be developed sustainably to ensure Glan Llyn stands the test of time for generations to come.
Visit www.newportunlimited.co.uk for further information on Newport’s overall regeneration.
• 4,000 new high quality homes built for all, including first time buyers and families
• A range of sports facilities and an abundance of open parkland, wildlife habitats and new lakes
• Primary schools, nurseries and after school activities
• The 100 acre Celtic Business Park with planning for office, factory and warehousing
• A local centre including a public house, retail, leisure and community facilities
• An integrated transport strategy that includes new road links, cycle routes, footpaths and bus services
Glan Llyn is strategically located at the gateway to South Wales, 12 miles from Cardiff and 30 miles from Bristol. Junction 23a of the M4 Motorway is within 2 miles via Queen’s Way.
The estate and surrounding area will benefit from a new direct link to the motorway should the proposed M4 Relief Road be constructed. Severn Bridge tolls will also be abolished in December 2018.
Located in Llanwern, Glan Llyn is within easy reach of the M4
motorway as well as Newport city centre.